copyright notice

All Photography posted on this blog is copyright to Sherri McLeod of Sherri McLeod Photography and cannot be reproduced for business or personal use without the written consent of Sherri McLeod

sherriphotos@gmail.com

Monday, May 28, 2007

six degrees

I have been watching this show called six degrees (which is really great) and I watch it because one of the primary characters is a photographer in NYC - his character inspires me. He goes out there and just does it - no hesitation. I have been trying to get brave enough to take pictures of complete strangers. Today I was brave and because of that I shot one of my top photographs ever. Its Memorial Day here and there are sailors docked in the harbour the photo is of a sailor and his girlfriend (one assumes anyways). I can't wait to show you. But we must be patient for the NYC collection. I now have to watermark all my work before it goes online. This specific photograph I won't post anyways. So you'll have to ask to see it in person. I have discovered recently there is a lot of risk of theft and plagerism in putting your work online. I desire for my things to be original and limited. So any of my work that is my best from now on will only be seen in print. Things that are meant for fun or for blogging I will still post.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Oh Sher, It sounds like you're really having quite the experience out there!