copyright notice

All Photography posted on this blog is copyright to Sherri McLeod of Sherri McLeod Photography and cannot be reproduced for business or personal use without the written consent of Sherri McLeod

sherriphotos@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In the Park

Okay I am here in this glorious park in the midst of one of the busiest parts of the city. I love it! I knew I would. I am sitting in a park blogging and the best part of this adventure is that my only worry seems to be whether or not I’ll get pooped on by a pigeon. I wonder if that happens to people often? I keep getting beamed in the head by these little buds falling from the trees. It is very windy. It is a nice warm windy that opposites the winds of Winterpeg. I am eating this delectable bean soup and drinking a lime soda (I bought it because I remember it from Haz Beans! its Italian) - a man just interrupted me. He was a nice old man talking about how he's a PC man but MAC's are easy to use. As he talked I was thinking about how long he would stand here and talk to me because I just wanted to write. But then I realized how refreshing it is to talk to someone other than myself - I just got pelted again. So I think I will revel in those random moments. It’s rare in this city for people to talk to you. So I think in listening to them I will learn a lot. I found a website www.bryantpark.org/...it tells me everything I need to know about this park and I found all these free concerts, movies and writers workshops. I signed up for a bunch of workshops and I am coming here to see Norah Jones, Rascal Flatts, and a few others that I can't remember. I am also going to come and see old movies in the park. I am so elated right now. I am trying to convince my friend Kim from BC to come here and see a movie with me. I know she will love. I should tell her about the workshops, she would like that. Anyways my friends I best be going. Happy days to you. Love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sherri, this is probably the best written post i have ever read on your blog. i can tell that just being in new york you are being inspired; cant wait to see the photography that city digs out of you! love you mon cher.